Revent Quality Charter
This Charter is in addition to the Seller Terms and Conditions ( revent.store/Seller Terms and Conditions ) for UAE. It does not replace or limit them. In case of contradiction, the provisions stipulated in the Seller Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
All capitalized terms shall have the meaning set forth in the Seller Terms and Conditions (STCS) for all of which the Seller declares to have acknowledged, read and accepted.
Any Seller wishing to sell Products on the Revent Platform undertakes to comply with the best practices set forth in this Charter
Deadlines: If a deadline is set in days, the Seller has until the end of the next day to fulfill the required action. For example, to comply with a response time of one (1) Business Day following a request from a Buyer on Thursday, January 20, 2022, the Seller must respond no later than midnight (Seller’s time zone) on Saturday, January 22, 2022.
Business Days: The days of the week from Saturday to Thursday inclusive, with the exception of official public holidays in the Buyer’s country of residence.
Seller Warranty: Warranty of six (06) months minimum provided by the Seller.
Legal guarantees: Mandatory legal guarantees of the Seller that come in addition to Seller warranty such as legal guarantee of conformity, guarantee of hidden defect, implied warranties.
Currency: The amounts listed are noted in United Arab Emirates Dirhams (AED). For countries using other currencies, the exchange rate listed by the Central Bank of UAE that day will be used.
Terms of sale: means the Terms of sale applicable on Revent Platform.
Platform: REVENT FZC.
PART ONE: THE SELLER’S COMMITMENTS AS PART OF THE SALE
Article 1 – Pre-Sales
Products sold on the Platform must:
- Be sold in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Buyer’s country of residence in order to guarantee an identical framework to all Sellers, enabling a healthy, sustainable and competitive environment.
- Have been subjected to a defined set of tests.
- Have been fully tested and diagnosed as 100% functional.
1.1 Checks to be performed
Each Seller undertakes to check at least all points specified by Revent’s Grade Checklist. The following list details the critical points that must be checked.
Critical points to be checked for smartphones:
- For GCC, each smartphone must be fully compatible, on all frequencies and standards, with the country to which it is shipped. The Seller takes full responsibility in case of Buyer complaints regarding compatibility during the warranty period. The Seller makes sure that their smartphone is compatible with the carriers and the market for which it is intended.
- Sellers must test the IMEI for blocked/blacklisted status and must be able to provide proof of clean IMEI if requested.
- It is highly recommended not to sell smartphones with repaired motherboards, as these devices are more likely to be defective.
Critical points for computer configuration software:
- Except if the model is in the vintage section on the Platform all MacBook and iMac must be sold equipped with MacOs 10.13 or a higher supported version. The MacOS must be reset either through the Install media menu or through the recovery menu. Macs must be shipped without a predefined username and password. Macs must start on the region selection screen. Macs must not be associated with an iCloud account.
- All Windows PC computers (laptops and desktops) must be sold reset with a Windows 10 license. A valid product key for Windows 10 was given during installation or an OEM key was validated. The device is set to Windows OOBE (Out of Box Experience) at the first boot by the Buyer.
For specific categories, Sellers must go through a whitelisting process to be able to sell the Products of the category in question. Here is a non-exhaustive list of examples: Apple earphones, MacBook charger, UAE & GCC certified accessories. Revent reserves the right to update this list with four (4) weeks notice to Sellers. The list of categories concerned is available on the Revent seller portal.
If these checks are not carried out, the seller will be held responsible, face high return rates and suffer the consequences in accordance with the provisions of the Seller Terms and Conditions for sellers.
As a reminder, in accordance with the laws and regulations in force, in particular with regard to the legal guarantee of conformity, the seller is liable to the Buyer for any technical defect in a product, regardless of compliance with the above quality control. In case of doubt about the conformity of a product, Revent reserves the right to request test reports and/or declarations of conformity, which must be provided by a legally valid email within 15 days of the request. In the event of a complaint by the Buyer in connection with such non-conformity, Revent reserves the right to refund the purchase price to the Buyer if the Seller is unable to provide the required documentation within 2 Business Days.
1.2 Products not allowed to be sold
The list of blacklisted Products not allowed to be sold is available in the Revent Seller Portal with a detailed explanation of why Revent decided to blacklist the Products.
The list of Legacy Products allowed to be sold only in specific sections of the platform is available in Platform’s Seller Portal with detailed explanation of why Revent has decided to sell the Products only in specific sections of the platform.
Revent reserves the right to add / delete Products to this list with two (2) weeks’ notices to Sellers.
1.3 Aesthetic Grades:
The Aesthetic Condition of the Product must correspond to the grades indicated in this article. A scratch or bump may be enough to place the product in a lower grade and could therefore result in a Product return by an unsatisfied Buyer.
The following tables list the four aesthetic grades available on Revent and the cleaning stages required for each item.
1.3.1 Aesthetic grades applicable to devices
- SMARTPHONES & TABLETS:
- Chromebooks, Notebooks & Laptops:
1.3.4 Cleaning stages required before selling any Product
Keys cleaned and
Ports cleaned and
free of foreign
no traces of dirt
traces of use.
cleaned and free
should be visible.
1.4 Buyer information
The Seller must give the Buyer, always in the relationship, clear, fair and transparent information about the Product and the terms and conditions of the sale (including the delivery time and the characteristics of the Product).
In particular, the Seller must provide the Buyer with the pre-contractual information required by the legislation in force. The Seller must also assure the Buyer of the effective exercise of their rights, particularly their statutory right of return.
The Seller undertakes to ensure the statutory and contractual guarantees specifically applicable to each Product in accordance with the STCS and the applicable laws and regulations.
- The minimum duration of the Seller Warranty offered by the Seller is 06 months. After this 06-months period, the Seller Warranty may, in certain countries, be subject to an extension by Revent.
- Accessories are guaranteed for the same period as the Product or 06 months whichever is lower.
If the Buyer has put tempered glass on the phone and returns it to the Seller, the Seller must provide replacement tempered glass when returning.
As a reminder, the Seller Warranty does not replace legal guarantees that remain applicable. The conditions of legal guarantees may be distinct in GCC & UAE and it is the Seller’s responsibility to comply with them.
1.6 Right of return
The return period indicated in this section shall be considered as the minimum period with which to comply. Such a return period may be extended in case of a specific event promoted by Revent and where the applicable terms and conditions are communicated to the Seller with a reasonable prior notice.
The Seller shall also assure the Buyer of their full right of return. The right of return shall be exercised in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions for Buyers applicable in each country and accessible on each of the Platform. As a reminder, unless otherwise agreed, the right of return of the Buyer is fourteen (14) days after receipt of their order. Once the return of the Product is requested, the Buyer has seven (07) days to return the Product to the Seller. In the case of an order for several Products delivered separately, the period of fourteen (14) days shall run from receipt of the last of these Products. The day of receipt of the Product is not counted in this period of fourteen (14) days.
During the return period, the Buyer is legally entitled to request, without giving a reason, a refund of all amounts paid (including standard delivery costs) against the return of the Product. However, if the Buyer is exercising its return right and returning his Product for “change of mind” reason only, the Buyer will have to bear the cost of the product return.
However, the calculation of the return period can only begin when the Buyer has received a compliant and functioning Product. This means that if the parcel received is not compliant or functional, the Buyer may return it to the Seller and, upon receipt of the new Product, if it is compliant and functional, the Buyer may apply their right of return of fourteen (14) days.
The Seller commits to refund the Buyer, that used their return right, within two (2) Business Days starting on the day of the returned Product delivered and within fourteen (07) Business Days after receiving the proof from the Buyer of the shipment of the Product back to the Seller.
In accordance with the applicable laws, in the event of a refund delay after the 07-day period (or after the return of the goods), the Buyer is entitled to request an increase on the amounts due by the Seller according to the applicable scale.
In the case of a Product delivered non-compliant and declared as such by the Buyer during the return period, if the Buyer requests a refund, the Seller must accept it and bear the standard return costs.
Clarification with respect to the return period applicable during the year-end period: Lots of purchases during the promotions are for gifting and may take longer for customers to decide to be returned.
For this reason, by mutual agreement, the Seller and Revent agree to extend the return period as indicated below in order to reassure Buyers during this period and increase the volume of sales on the Platform. For orders received during the promotion periods of Eid, Back to School and Year end sales in Nov-Dec, the return period will be extended to 30 days.
1.7 Product stock management
Seller must maintain accurate inventory in real time, and order cancellations due to inventory errors must be avoided at all times, failing which there is a cancellation fee applicable as mentioned in the STCS. In case of unavoidable situations where an order has to be cancelled by the Seller, Seller must inform Revent. Order cancellations significantly impact the customer experience, so you should establish an inventory management system based on the number of sales channels you are maintaining.
All exchanges with the Buyer are done through the Platform so that Revent knows the solution proposed by the Seller and can monitor its processing. If the Seller is unable to make an exchange, the order must then be cancelled. In this case, Revent reserves the right to charge the Seller transaction costs as mentioned in the Service Annex (revent.store/service annex) and including shipping costs in accordance with the provisions of the STCS.
The cancellation rate, as well as the quality of your Products (both technically and aesthetically), are all criteria considered in the Buybox algorithm.
All Products sold on our Platform must include the same accessories as for new Products. The Seller must therefore supply at least the accessories necessary for the normal use of the Products. The accessories used must be authorized by Revent.
- Accessories such as a cable and charger are mandatory when selling a smartphone. Accessories must be compatible with the device sold.
- Data cables must have surge protection.
- For ecological reasons, headphones are not mandatory when selling a smartphone.
- If the accessories are not supplied or are not compatible, Revent reserves the right to offer a goodwill gesture to the Buyer on behalf of the Seller in the event of non-reaction by the Seller to a Buyer complaint or to the reminder from Revent in this respect as mentioned in STCS.
- When selling a laptop/MacBook, the supply of a cable and charger is mandatory.
- When selling an iMac, the supply of a keyboard and a mouse is mandatory.
- If the accessories are not supplied or are not compatible, Revent reserves the right to offer a goodwill gesture to the Buyer on behalf of the Seller after sending a reminder following the complaint of a Buyer for which no satisfactory answer has been received for two (2) Business Days.
- If the keyboard language is not specified by the Seller, then it will be automatically completed by Revent as follows:
- QWERTY keyboard –> English language (U.S.)
Article 2 – Delivery of Products
Delivery has become increasingly important in e-commerce and is especially important to Buyers. Good delivery tracking and perfect compliance with specified delivery times are essential to a good customer experience.
If you, the Seller, encounter a delivery problem/delay, you must inform the Buyer as soon as possible and provide a satisfactory solution to the Buyer.
Let it be known that if the Buyer, after confirmation of their order by the Seller, asks for their order to be shipped to another address than the one specified during the purchase of the Product, we recommend that you, the Seller, cancel and refund the Buyer and ask them to order once again with the new address in order to combat fraud. If you feel that the risk is low and prefer to accept the address change, you will not be liable for protection if your Buyer would file a chargeback, as the customer changed the initial address that was screened by the fraud tool. In summary, you can change the address but should know that in case of chargebacks, you will take the cost of the chargeback.
The following sub-articles detail practices to be followed to improve the purchasing experience for Buyers.
We encourage you to follow these guidelines:
- Choose a suitable packaging for the Product so that it is not damaged during transport.
- Pack the Product in bubble wrap or equivalent (foam, etc.) to avoid damage to the screen.
- Generate a Label preferably with QR code which will define (model + color + capacity + specific version if applicable), Serial No etc.
- Avoid packaging that shows its content.
- We also recommend wrapping the parcels with anti-theft film.
The Seller undertakes not to insert flyers into their parcels, or even display their phone number or email address on the packaging. Any and all communication between the Seller and the Buyer must take place in the Seller Portal through the Platform in accordance with the provisions of the Sellers Terms and Conditions for Sellers.
2.2 The Revent delivery note
The Revent delivery note must be included in all packages. This delivery note can be found in the Seller Portal as soon as you confirm an order. It can be downloaded manually or exported.
The delivery note explains to the Buyer how to open after-sales service requests and gives all the necessary details (order number, Product, price, etc).
2.3 Shipping times
2.3.1 Shipping time committed by the Seller
- Remember to consider the preparation time for the order in your committed time.
- Comply with your committed Shipping time.
- Comply with your committed shipping terms or terms chosen by the Buyer.
2.4 Delivery costs
Delivery will be arranged by REVENT and charged to the seller. Refer to the (revent.store/service annex) from the STCS document for more details.
2.5 Order tracking
REVENT endeavours to provide the best possible tracking of order to the buyers and sellers. This will be done by integrating updates from logistics into the REVENT platform.
The tracking number and name of the carrier will always be communicated to the Buyer. The Buyer will be able to track their order as soon as the Seller hands over the shipment or provides the tracking number, as the case may be.
2.6 Serial number and IMEI code (Invoice Generation)
We highly recommend that you provide the serial number (IMEI code for smartphones) that corresponds to the Buyer’s order when shipping the Product on the Revent seller portal.
- For smartphones, the IMEI is mandatory on the invoice. For other Products, the serial number is highly recommended on the invoice.
If the Seller is unable to provide the serial number (IMEI code for smartphone) within one (1) Business Day following the Buyer’s request, Revent reserves the right to apply the appropriate solution in order to resolve the Buyer’s issue.
For example, in the case of a return of a Product under warranty, if the serial number has never been previously supplied to the Buyer and as a result, the Buyer or the Seller claims not to have received the right phone, Revent will decide on behalf of the Seller in favour of the Buyer unless the Seller provides proof of compliance with its pre-contractual and contractual information obligations.
By September 2021, providing the IMEI will become mandatory on Revent before shipping the order so that Buyers and Revent can access and use that information for actions including but not limited to: theft check, iCloud deactivation, data analysis, and PhoneCheck report analysis.
2.7 Sending products following a return
If, following a repair, the Buyer requests a delivery to an address different from that mentioned at the time of the order, and such request was clearly made prior to the shipment of the new Product or the repaired Product, the Seller must comply with this request if the product is being shipped by the Seller. If the Product is delivered to the wrong address, the Seller must find a solution for the Buyer and will bear all the associated costs. In this situation, the Seller must make a goodwill gesture such as free accessories or a minimum of AED 20 in UAE and AED 25 in the GCC.
To avoid this type of inconvenience, we recommend that the Seller confirm the Buyer’s address for each return.
2.8 Management of Chargeback disputes
Instructions for managing Chargeback disputes are provided in the STCS.
In case of a payment cancellation, a dispute with the Buyer, or if the Buyer is a fraud victim, the Seller can, provided they respect the condition noted in the STCS, be refunded by Revent the amount of the Chargeback and not be billed the amount of the Chargeback fees. This will be solely based on Revent’s discretion
Article 3 – After-Sales
The objective is to give the Buyer simple and efficient after-sales service:
- A Buyer who is well taken care of will often notice the quality of the after-sales service, which will encourage them to repurchase, even if they received a defective Product at first.
- A Buyer who is not taken care of well is highly unlikely to recommend the Seller or Revent and will likely share their negative experiences regarding the Seller, the refurbished Products and Revent with their friends and family. The damage to the Seller and Revent is catastrophic and stigmatizes refurbished/repackaged Products as products of poor quality.
In each after-sales service request opened by a Buyer, the Buyer will have the option, if deemed necessary, to click on the “Help Triggering Button” to call for Revent as a mediator:
- The Buyer will have this option in the event of non-compliance with the Charter and/or the applicable terms of sale.
- If the “Help Triggering Button” is pressed by the Buyer, Revent will intervene, in place of the Seller if necessary, in the after-sales service to ensure the proper application of the Charter and/or the applicable terms of sale.
- The Help Triggering rate (number of Help Triggering requests generated by Buyers on orders confirmed in the last 30 days divided by the total number of orders confirmed in the last 30 days) is a key indicator relating to the Seller’s quality. The following section includes a guide for responding to Buyers according to Revent’s quality criteria.
3.1 The after-sales service interface
Sellers shall use the Platform Seller’s Portal for after-sales service as the only way to manage the after-sales service.
REVENT will reach out to the seller or provide options for answering customer queries directly. Seller must answer the queries in as much detail as possible while maintaining professional standards of communication with customer without using any slang or profanity. Sellers are not allowed to exchange personal details with customers unless authorized by REVENT.
3.2 Questions in case of technical problems
In the event of a technical issue with the Product, the Seller may request evidence only to diagnose and find a solution remotely. Evidence must only be in the form of photos; video requests are prohibited. The Revent application test reports cannot be ignored by the Seller if the Buyer sends them.
3.3 Questions about Product deliveries
3.3.1 Late delivery
In the event of late delivery, where seller is responsible for delivery, it is necessary to clearly inform and reassure the Buyer of the new delivery date and provide the tracking link (a new one if needed).
3.3.2 Packages not received by the Buyer
To read the protection we provide in case of disputes for non-delivery, please refer to the Sellers Terms and Conditions for Sellers (revent.store/seller terms and conditions)
3.3.3 Packages received damaged
In the event of a Product received damaged by the Buyer or the Seller in case of return, an investigation must be opened with the carrier.
In order to carry out the investigation of a damaged Product delivered to the Buyer, the Seller or Revent (whoever is responsible for arranging delivery) will collect the evidence from the Buyer; the Buyer will report any non-conformity issue no later than two (02) Calendar Days after the delivery. The items of evidence are:
- Photo of the Product packaging
- Photo of the damaged Product
- Photo of the packaging label with the tracking number visible
Buyer will return the product on seller’s expense. Together with the details sent by buyer and the product, seller is supposed to verify the buyer’s claim
Within a maximum of three (2) Business Days upon receipt of the proof of shipping or proof of receipt of the Product by the Buyer, the Seller has two options depending on Buyer’s choice which will be communicated by Revent
- Send a similar Product to the Buyer
- Refund the Buyer
3.4 Questions about refunds
When the Seller is required to refund an entire order in accordance with this Charter, the Seller undertakes to refund or authorize Revent to refund on its behalf, at least all the following:
- The amount of the order including tax
- Shipping costs paid by the Buyer at the time of placing the order
- Any other costs necessary for the Buyer to return the Product that is covered under warranty
The Seller can not deduct a restocking fee from the refund of the order.
In case of refusal of the parcel by the Buyer upon receipt, the Seller cannot deduct any return costs from the refund of the order.
3.5 Responding to Buyers as soon as possible
The faster you answer, the better your Buyer assessment will be. This is why we ask for a response to each of the requests within twenty-four (24) Business Hours, at the risk of seeing your Buybox impacted.
3.6 Quality of messages
A few simple things can make a huge difference in your communications with the Buyer:
- Provide complete, relevant and effective responses to minimize the number of exchanges.
- Send structured and courteous messages with polite and professional wording (e.g. hello, greetings, thank you for your patience/cooperation, we apologize for the inconvenience, thank you for understanding, warm regards, sincerely, etc.).
It is important not to delay Buyer requests and to act as quickly as possible and proactively on all Buyer requests. In the event that this is not respected, Revent reserves the right to intervene in order to speed up any support.
To ensure a positive experience for the Buyer, the Seller should provide proactive responses, including messages upon receipt of the Product, diagnosis, repair and referral. The Seller shall provide details of the repairs carried out, as well as details of the invoice if there have been repairs not covered by the warranty.
3.8 Return from Customers
Revent will proactively provide return labels or return facility to the Buyer so that the Buyer can more easily return their Product. Revent at the same time explains to the Buyer all the recommended steps to facilitate the return of the Product and the management of the return by the Seller (e.g. provide pictures to protect oneself in case of transport issue, iCloud deactivation, step-by-step procedure, etc.) but doesn’t require those from the Buyer prior to returning the Product. Hence, once an auto-prepaid label has been provided to the Buyer or return has been arranged, the Seller must not request any of the following prior to Product return: pictures, return fees, proof of iCloud deactivation.
However, upon Revent’s approval the Seller can offer assistance and alternative solutions to the return if appropriate or if the Buyer clearly asks for it. This includes simple remote troubleshooting or a commercial gesture in accordance with the Quality Charter requirements.
This prepaid return label cost will be either borne by the Seller or by the customer depending on the circumstances:
- In case of a declared problem with the Product during the warranty period (i.e. all claims other than “change of mind” return) the return label will be at the Seller’s expense even if the product received by the Seller appears to be fully functional.
- The Seller must not deduct any cost from the customer refund
- In case of a customer clearly stating a “changed mind” reason during the return period (e.g. the customer no longer needs the product or they found a better price elsewhere), the return label or return fee cost will be at Revent’s Discretion to decide case to case (up to a standard national fee). The Seller can either:
- Provide a prepaid return label to the customer and inform the customer that he will deduct the cost of the return label from the customer refund.
- It is specified that for all “changed mind” returns, implying cross-border returns, the Seller must provide a return label to the Buyer and can charge the maximum amount of a return fee to the customer available with shipping companies. For ex in case of a return from Bahrain to UAE, Seller can charge a return fee of his choice by selecting a better shipping company.
- Ask the customer to send back the product by it own means
Maximum return label cost to be charged to the buyer incase of return if buyer has provided the return label (deducted from the refund) is UAE: AED 14, and GCC: AED 25 applicable for the following categories – Smartphones, Tables and Smartwatches
3.9 Processing returns
Upon receipt of the Product, the Seller has three (3) Business Days to repair or exchange the Product and then return the Product with a tracking number accounting for the shipment of the repaired or exchanged Product.
- If the package is damaged, the Seller must declare it to the Buyer within two (2) Business Days.
- The tracking number is mandatory. The Seller undertakes to communicate the tracking number, which must be filled in completely and accurately, through the Revent platform or Revent customer support team.
If it is not possible to repair the product during this period of three (3) Business days, the Seller’s performance in Platform will be downgraded and the Seller shall refund the Buyer in full. Such a refund shall be borne by the Seller.
- If the Product received is blocked by a user account, the Seller agrees to provide the Buyer with an online procedure to disable the user account linked to the device within two (2) Business Days. If the Product remains blocked, the Seller must provide the Buyer with evidence that the Product is still blocked and indicate the address of the blocked user account (if the whole address is not completely displayed, e.g. for iCloud accounts, please send the visible part of the address, e.g. [email protected]).
- In the event of a repair in connection with the application of a statutory or commercial guarantee, the Seller is strongly advised to provide a repair report and/or a diagnosis after the repair of the Product.
- If it is impossible to repair the Product during this period of three (3) Business Days, the Seller must proactively give either an exchange or a full refund (the amount of the order including tax and the shipping costs paid by the Buyer at the time of placing the order).
Exceptions to the above rule:
- If the wrong Product is received by the Buyer, the Seller must send a return label to the Buyer and send the correct Product one (1) Business Day after receipt of the returned Product.
- In cases where the Product contains a removable battery, which can be easily changed by the Buyer, we ask you, the Seller, to send a new battery instead of requesting a return for repair, in order to accelerate lead times and improve Buyer satisfaction.
3.10 Multiple returns policy
If the Buyer must return the same Product a second time due to a fault or a defective Product, the Seller must effectively offer a refund to the Buyer. The refund must be processed within two (2) Business Days following receipt of the Product. The Seller cannot charge the Buyer for any missing accessories and must proceed with a full refund.
A second repair or exchange may only be proposed if expressly requested by the Buyer by refusing the refund.
3.11 Seller Warranty extension
As part of the Seller Warranty, returns taking seven (7) or more Business Days give the Buyer the right to extend this guaranteed equivalent to the time of processing the Buyer’s request. Second returns are subject to the same rule.
Following the repair of a fault or the exchange of the Product and with the aim of ensuring a perfect customer experience, the Product will be guaranteed for three (3) additional months for the same problem, unless statutory provisions of the market in question, to the contrary are more protective for the consumer. These additional 3 months may go beyond the initial guarantee offered by the Seller. For example, if we take a Product received on 1st of January with a 6-month Seller Warranty, i.e. until July 1, on which a repair is carried out for a key problem and the repaired device is delivered on May 15, the device will be guaranteed for at least three (3) additional months for key problems, i.e. until August 15.
As part of an exchange, the Product will be guaranteed at least for all faults within the three (3) months following the delivery of the second Product.
As a reminder, this rule is not communicated proactively to Buyers. Revent leaves the Sellers to decide how to manage the Buyers in this context in accordance with the rules described above. In the event of non-compliance with these rules, Revent reserves the right to intervene in order for the Seller to take over the Products concerned.
3.12 Warranty exclusions
As a reminder, the Seller cannot demand anything from a Buyer after an auto-prepaid label has been generated (pictures, return fees, proof of iCloud deactivation, etc.) to verify that there is not a warranty exclusion. However, the Seller can offer assistance and alternative solutions to the return if the Buyer clearly requests them. This includes simple remote troubleshooting or a commercial gesture in accordance with the Quality Charter requirements.
In case of the Seller receiving a device with activation lock not removed, the Seller needs to try to get the password details from the Buyer to unlock the device, if the Buyer is not responsive after multiple requests from the Seller, the Seller has no obligation to refund the device to the Buyer.
If the Seller receives a non-functional Product due to a cause not included in the Seller Warranty:
- The Seller has three (3) Business Days, following receipt of the Product, to declare a warranty exclusion.
- The Seller is reminded that the burden of proof (Product identification IMEI or serial number and exclusion of guarantee report) rests with them during the Seller Warranty period (ie. 06 Months) following the purchase of the Product.
- Once the warranty exclusion has been declared and proven, the Seller shall return the Product to the Buyer within two (2) Business Days.
- The Seller should not charge any cost to the buyer to ship back his product to avoid prolonging disputes and incurring storage costs.
- The Seller can ask for Revent in the Support Centre to refund the fee to ship back the product to the customer in case of warranty exclusion. To do so, the Seller needs to provide proof of exclusion: Product identification IMEI or serial number and exclusion of guarantee report.
To ask Revent for the refund of the fee to ship back the product to the Buyer, the Seller must open a claim with the Support Center and provide the following items of proof:
- Product identification: Serial number or IMEI (must have been provided on the customer’s invoice within 48 hours after order creation)
- Warranty exclusion report
If not, Seller shall bear the price of the repair or exchange and return of the Product to the Buyer.
In the event of a Buyer contesting a warranty exclusion that was properly explained and duly documented by the Seller, if there is any doubt about the customer responsibility for the warranty exclusion, the Seller shall proceed with the return as if no warranty exclusion applied (i.e. refund, repair or exchange).
- For example, if the Seller declares a warranty exclusion for oxidation to the Buyer, but the Buyer contests that his phone was never exposed to water, it is almost impossible to be 100% sure that the oxidation was customer responsibility (Product may have been shipped oxidized or not properly sealed, for example). The Seller must then proceed with the return as if there is no warranty exclusion (refund, repair or exchange).
- The Seller can in the meantime open a claim with Revent in the Support Centre to review the case and get compensated if proven right.
We encourage you to read the articles available in the Support Centre in the category “Declare and manage a warranty exclusion”.
13 Commercial gestures
Commercial gestures must be offered when the service is not in accordance with what is advertised to the Buyer when they place their order in the following cases:
- Delay in shipping or delivery
- Aesthetic grade discrepancy
- Missing or defective accessories
- Wrong Product Color
In all these cases, the Buyer is entitled to refuse the commercial gesture and request an exchange for a compliant item or a refund of their order, in which cases the return costs shall be borne by the Seller.
In addition, in the event of the Seller’s non-reaction following the Buyer’s complaint or a proposal that does not comply with the rules below, Revent reserves the right to apply the commercial gestures detailed in the tables below.
3.13.1 In case of a delay in shipping or delivery
As a reminder, delivery and shipping delays are indicated in section “2.3 – Delivery times “
The following are the rules to be followed to make a goodwill gesture in the event of a delay of one
- day or more in delivery to the Buyer, whether due to a delay in delivery by the Seller or delivery by the carrier.
- Order value lower than AED 500: refund of AED 20 or delivery cost, whichever is higher
- Order value higher than AED 500: refund of AED 30 or delivery cost, whichever is higher
For the UAE:
- Order value lower than AED 500: refund of AED 15 or delivery cost, whichever is higher
- Order value higher than AED 500: refund of AED 25 or delivery cost, whichever is higher
These rules do not prevent the consumer to request a refund of all the sums paid in the event of non-delivery within the deadline indicated by the Seller at the time of the order or, if no deadline is indicated, within twenty-one (21) days of the order.
13.2 Missing or defective accessories
In the event of missing or defective accessories, the Seller must offer a goodwill gesture according to the amounts indicated in the table below.
Charger (without cable)
UAE & GCC: AED 25
UAE & GCC: AED 15
Sim card extractor
UAE & GCC: AED 10
UAE & GCC: AED 40
UAE & GCC: AED 60
UAE & GCC: AED 60
UAE & GCC: AED 70
UAE & GCC: AED 50
3.13.4 The Product received is the wrong colour
A commercial gesture for a minimum amount of 5% of the price of the Product may be offered to the Buyer.
3.13.5 The computer has not been properly reset
- Missing or inactivated Windows license: If a new license and clear and detailed instructions are not sent within one (1) Business Day of Buyer notification, the Buyer may be refunded the price of a new Windows 10 home or pro license (as described in the Product description) or 20% of the device’s sales price, whichever is lower.
- Incorrectly reset Windows PC or MacOS computer: If clear and detailed reset instructions are not sent within one (1) Business Day of Buyer notification, the Buyer may be refunded the cost of a clean installation at a third-party repair shop up to the lesser of AED 120 for GCC, AED 100 for UAE or 20% of the device’s sales price.
14 Costs that may be retained by the Seller
When returning for a refund, if the Buyer does not return any of these accessories, the Seller may deduct the following amounts from the full refund.
Phone charger (without cable)
UAE & GCC: AED 20
Phone charger cable
UAE & GCC: AED 15
UAE & GCC: AED 40
UAE & GCC: AED 60
If the Buyer has to return the same Product a second time due to a fault or a defective Product, the Seller can not charge the customer any of those amounts for any missing accessories.
Article 3 – After-Purchase
3.1 After-sales service
3.1.1 After-sales service interface
The Buyer must use the Revent after-sales service interface as a means of managing the after-sales services relating to Product recoveries with Individuals.
Under exceptional circumstances when approved by Revent, the Buyer also has the option of contacting the Individuals directly by phone to facilitate the resolution of this after-sales service. In this case, it is mandatory to transfer the content of the telephone communication with the Individuals to the after-sales service interface. This allows Revent to monitor exchanges between the Individuals and the Buyer to avoid unnecessary contact with the Buyers.
It is essential for all communications with Individuals to be courteous, structured, and to provide a solution to the Individual so that the customer experience is optimal.
Revent is committed to providing standard response templates to the Buyer to improve the efficiency of after-sales service processing.
The faster the Buyer responds, the better the evaluation made by the Individual. This is why we ask for a response to each Buyer request within 24 business hours.
The Buyer undertakes to remind the Individual within five (5) Business Days if the Individual has not responded to their last request.
In the event of non-compliance with these commitments, Revent shall be entitled to intervene in place of the Buyer to resolve any complaint by an Individual in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions for Sellers.
Versions and modification of the Charter:
If this Charter is translated into one or more languages, only the Arabic and English versions shall be binding in the event of a dispute.
This Charter is subject to change and Revent reserves the right to modify, delete or add best practices based on various customer experiences and feedback from Buyers and Sellers.
Thus, you will be informed of such changes by email or by any other electronic message via your personal account sent by Revent. at least one (1) month before their entry into force. You are free to accept the amended Charter and undertake to comply with the new terms and conditions or to terminate your use of the Platform in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions for Sellers.